Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Out of the mouths of my kids.

We were in the car discussing the fact that they are going to be taking swimming lessons through their school.
Gabby: Mommy I can bring my arm floaties.
M: Gab I don't think you'll need them, they are going to teach you how to swim without them.
G completely apprehensive : But I'll drown.
M: no you won't honey, you'll be okay.
G: But I'm only 6, I'm little. Kind of little.
M holding back the laughter: You'll be okay, Cara and Maddie(Of Jon and Kate plus 8 fame) don't use arm floaties and they are 6.
G: Okay. (totally all better, and all because I mentioned her two new BFFs, who she only knows on TV.)



One night Alex was watching tv in our room, i went in to tell him to go to sleep because it was getting late and he had school tomorrow.
M: Hey honey, you need to go nigh night now.
A: Don't change it, I don't need you to change it.
M: I won't change it, if you close your eyes.
A: But I can't see the TV.


Keith and I recently went on vacation for 4 days, 3 nights. Our first alone and I was completely missing the kids by the time the plane touched down. I called home to say goodnight. Then again the next morning to see how it went, then again later to just check in and say goodnight for the second night. Too much???
M on the phone with Gabby: hi honey, do you miss me?
G: a little. 2 more sleeps right, i get to stay for two more sleeps? (Notice she said "gets to" not has to.
M: yup, two more sleeps. I miss you, be good and have a good sleepover.
G: Okay.
M: Can I talk to Alex?
G: yup, (hollers) ALEX.... it's mommy.
Alex: AGAIN?

yeah, i may have been a little to worried about them missing me. Turns out I was hindering their vacation.

No comments: